Wayfair and the New Standard on Virtual Presence for Sales Tax
At the end of June, the US Supreme Court issued its decision in South Dakota v. Wayfair reversing Quill’s “physical presence requirement” for the collection and remittance of sales tax. This decision will have a sweeping impact on all businesses, especially those that sell to out-of-state customers.
While 31 states currently have laws taxing internet sales, this new legislation will certainly change how most states look into sales tax laws as we attempt to navigate the murky waters left by this decision.
During this complimentary webinar, we will discuss:
- Context of current state law in numerous jurisdictions
- Background on Supreme Court Cases – South Dakota vs. Wayfair, Quill vs. North Dakota and others
- South Dakota’s statutes and implications for other states interstate sales
- Discussion of the Streamlined Sales Tax Project and implications
- Impact on recorded liabilities for state tax compliance obligations
- Other considerations related to nexus in the context of non-sales and use tax compliance
- And more!
So download the resource, where we discussed the practical approaches your business can take to assess how the Wayfair decision will impact you and your multistate tax compliance processes.