Background & Experience
Sonny is a partner with more than 20 years of experience in accounting, auditing and financial reporting. Prior to joining the firm in 2000, Sonny worked for three years with a public accounting firm providing assurance and advisory services to financial institution clients throughout the Southeast, and two years with a Fortune 500 entertainment and consumer products company in various accounting and financial reporting roles.
Sonny has in-depth experience serving the financial services and life sciences industries, including extensive experience working with SEC registrants in either an assurance or advisory capacity. Sonny’s clients include both public and non-public companies. Sonny previously served on the Allinial Global’s Public Company Task Force, which assists its 90+ member firms in the development of products and services in the Public Company arena, as well as providing technical training and resources through a variety of distribution channels.
Sonny has developed education materials and served as an instructor for a variety of accounting, financial reporting and advisory services topics, including Sarbanes-Oxley 404 implementation, FDICIA implementation, Risk Assessment and Internal Audit.
- M.A. in Accounting, University of Mississippi
- B.S. in Accounting, University of Mississippi
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Institute of Internal Auditors
- Institute of Management Accountants
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Community Bankers Association of Georgia
- Georgia Bankers Association
- Mississippi Bankers Association
- Louisiana Bankers Association
- Georgia Bio
- University of Mississippi
- Our Lady of the Assumption Catholic Church
Hobbies & Interests
Sonny enjoys spending time with his family, as well as fishing, golf and Ole Miss Athletics.