Background & Experience
Greg Foster is a partner with over 30 years’ experience in public accounting. Prior to joining PKM in 1993 he spent eight years with an international accounting firm.
Greg provides a variety of accounting, auditing, tax and consulting services primarily to clients in the insurance, banking and securities industries. He has extensive experience serving clients with public and private securities registrations as well as mergers and acquisitions. Greg assisted in writing the Accounting and Auditing Guide for Savings Associations and co-authored an article published in the July 2009 issue of Best’s Review magazine. He has developed professional education materials for financial institutions and on the taxation of property and casualty insurance companies. Greg has led several local and regional training courses and has presented at national seminars on a variety of topics.
Greg leads the firm’s Insurance Services Group, which provides a variety of services to insurance companies including traditional insurers and reinsurers as well as captives, risk retention groups, reinsurance pools and similar arrangements.
- B.A. degree with an emphasis in Accounting, The University of Georgia, summa cum laude
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Insurance Accounting and Systems Association
- Lawrenceville First United Methodist Church
- Apologetics Ministry Director
- Church Council Chairman
- Adult Curriculum Coordinator and Developer
- Adult Sunday School Teacher
- Boy Scouts of America
- Troop 56, Lawrenceville, Georgia-Adult Leader
- Apalachee District Eagle Board Member
- The Gideons International, Gwinnett Central Camp Treasurer
Hobbies & Interests
Greg and his family are very active in their church and also enjoy outdoor activities including gardening, fishing and camping. Greg is an amateur astronomer, plays guitar, and designs and builds handcrafted furniture.