2nd Annual Dreamer’s Workshop
Georgia Craft Brewers Guild in Partnership with:
Porter Keadle Moore, Taylor Feil Harper Lumsden Hess and Fifth Third Bank
Are you considering starting a brewery or brewpub?
Some of the most difficult parts of the process are knowing where to start, and figuring out what to do once you have. At our Dreamer’s Workshop, you will learn the ins and outs of owning a brewery from pre-formation, all the way through maturity. Experts from all sides of the business will walk you through things to consider as well as the right question you should be asking before you even consider opening the doors.
3:30-3:40pm – Welcome and Introduction
Speaker – Pat Tuley, Porter Keadle Moore
3:40-4:30pm – Expert Business Panel
Most up-and-coming brewery owners start their business in order to share their passion for beer, which is why the industry is so vibrant and creative. However, as with any other industry, having a complete and functional business plan is key to being successful. Our seasoned panelists will discuss many of the topics that have proven most difficult to dreamers wanting to start their own brewery, including:
- Importance and timing of engaging a CPA, Attorney, and Banker
- Navigating pros/cons of entity types (C Corp, S Corp, LLC, LLP, etc.)
- Funding/Developing successful budgets through investors, Management investor funding, and loans
- Physical Location assessments
- Distributer Evaluations
- Pat Tuley, Porter Keadle Moore
- Taylor Harper, Taylor Feil Harper Lumsden Hess
- Jason Sleeman, Fifth Third Bank
4:30-5:30pm – Expert Brewer’s Panel
Many of Georgia’s best craft brewers had their fair share of challenges during the pre-formation and formation stages of their businesses. One thing that they all have in common, however, is that they were able to not only identify, but also successfully navigate these obstacles. During this panel, you will be able to hear stories from owners and take advantage of their experiences through learning ways to apply their best practices to your own future brewery or brewpub.
- Michael Lundmark – Jekyll Brewing
- Brian Borngesser – Gate City Brewing
- Brandon Hintz – Currahee Brewing; Hop Alley
- CJ Putnicki – New Realm Brewing
- Nancy Palmer – Georgia Craft Brewers Guild
5:30-7:00pm – Breakout Stations & Social Hour
Enjoy appetizers and Gate City beer while networking with fellow Dreamer’s! Financial, legal and investment banking experts will also stick around to have conversations and answer any detailed questions you may want to ask.
3:30 PM - 7:00 PM
43 Magnolia St
Roswell, GA 30075