Gregory B. Jones
CRCM—Director Regulatory Compliance Services
Background & Experience
Greg joined the firm in 2014 as Director of Regulatory Compliance Services, bringing extensive experience as a regulator, consultant and senior-level banker to our growing Advisory practice. He spent twenty years as a federal regulator with the OCC and OTS agencies, where he served as a problem bank analyst and managed the Y2K readiness program for over 300 financial institutions in the OTS’s Southeast Region. His bank consulting experience includes helping numerous community bank clients comply with regulatory enforcement actions during the Great Recession, and working with Promontory Financial Group in Washington, DC on various engagements at several of the nation’s largest banks.
Greg also brings significant senior-level bank management experience to PKM. He was the Director of Regulatory Relations for NetBank, where he also served as the bank’s BSA/AML Officer, Privacy Officer and Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) Officer. As CRA Officer, he helped NetBank achieve an “Outstanding” CRA rating, the first such rating earned by an internet-based bank. He was also a founding executive management team member for Community & Southern Bank, where he had responsibility for the bank’s internal audit, compliance, marketing, facilities and regulatory relations functions.
- Master Business Administration, Virginia Tech
- S. in Accounting, Virginia Tech
- Alpharetta YMCA
- Cambridge High School Athletic Association
- Community Bankers Association Georgia
- Georgia Bankers Association
- Georgia Affordable Housing Corporation
- North Fulton Community Charities
- United States Collegiate Championship (USCC) Golf Tournament
- Virginia Tech
- Alumni Association Board of Directors
- Athletic Fund Board of Directors
- Atlanta Chapter President
Hobbies & Interests
Greg enjoys spending free time with his wife Karolyn, his three stepsons Nate, Harry and Will and daughter Darcy, and Basset hound, Lucy Patterfoot. He is an avid follower of Virginia Tech athletics, and enjoys golf and travel.